Writing and Publishing Your Book: From A to Z
Saturday, March 14, 2015
A One-Day Workshop for Aspiring Authors
With Cathy Fyock and Peggy DeKay
- How do I get the book from my head and heart to paper?
- What should I be thinking about as I write my book?
- How has publishing changed, and what do I need to know to get my book to the marketplace?
- Should I self-publish (what the heck is it, anyway?) or find a traditional publisher?
- What do I need to know about editing, book design, and other issues?
“There has never been a better time in the history of the world to be a writer than today.” Peggy DeKay
Part One (A): Getting Your Book Written
- Defining your book’s purpose
- Articulating the thesis for your book
- Developing your outline and project plan
- Overcoming writer’s block and getting in the flow
Part Two (Z): Getting Your Book Published
- Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing
- Editing and Book Cover Basics
- E-books & Leveraging Amazon
- Book Promotion Basics
Cathy Fyock is Your Possibility Partner — a book coach helping people get their book drafts written. She is the author of On Your Mark: From First Word to First Draft in Six Weeks, and six other books. For more than 20 years she has been a keynote and seminar speaker, consultant, and expert on workforce issues, using her books as a business development tool to promote and grow her business.
Peggy DeKay is an award winning writer, national speaker, author, and book coach. She is the author of Self-Publishing for Virgins: The First Time Author’s Guide to Self-Publishing and Book Fairs for Authors (co-written with her husband, Larry DeKay), both published by Peggy’s publishing company, Darby Press. Peggy has appeared on Fox News and is a keynote speaker and seminar leader. She has published over seventy books and counting for her clients. Her podcast The Business of Writing Today is listened to in over eighty countries and may be downloaded from her website at www.peggydekay.com
Date: Saturday, March 14, 2015
Time: Registration 8:30 – 9; Program 9 – 4 (Lunch on your own from 12 – 1)
Place: Wingate by Wyndham Hotel, 12301 Alliant Court near Sams Club at the I-64\ Blankenbaker Parkway Exit 17 on Louisvilles east side.
Investment: $147 (Before February 1 = $125)
- Copy of On Your Mark: From First Word to First Draft in Six Weeks
- Copy of Self-Publishing for Virgins: The First Time Author’s Guide to Self-Publishing
- Copy of Author’s Journal – On Your Mark
- All course materials
- Coffee & water service all day
Bring your notebook, laptop, or favorite writing medium for our fast and fun writing prompts and exercises to get you moving forward on your book!
Early registration discount ends January 31st, 2015